Advertisement
171 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

CBD | 35 Spring Street | 45L | 166m | Residential

Ryan Seychell's picture
Mark Baljak's picture

http://www.35springst.com/

website is up and firing although leases of up to 24 months are being considered for the current office space

http://www.realcommercial.com.au/property-offices-vic-melbourne-500303833

Fedsquared's picture

http://www.theage.com.au/business/park-life-on-high-has-cbus-chasing-mor...

Park life on high has Cbus chasing more
April 10, 2013

Simon Johanson
Property Editor for The Age

Cbus Property is scouring for other development sites as it prepares to officially launch Melbourne's newest high-end residential apartment tower.
The $350 million project, known by its address 35 Spring Street, is set to rise 45 storeys above one of Melbourne's finest public gardens when construction starts in January next year.

Qantas743's picture

Another year until construction begins?

Why so long?

Ryan Seychell's picture

It'd be to do with current leases within the building. As Mark mentioned above, leases were still being offered for up to 24 months (although that's probably changed since they mentioned a January start) and i'm pretty sure the government was looking to sublease the space they held in the building.
I'm not too fussed about this one starting next year if that's the case, by then a lot of the projects under construction now will be close to completion, so will give us something fresh to look forward to.

Laurence Dragomir's picture
Ryan Seychell's picture

Nice find. Can't wait for this one, fills a nice gap. Here are the renders for convenience:

Michael Berquez's picture

God, how I'd love to wake up looking over the Fitzroy Gardens

Peter Maltezos's picture

Interesting in that this proposal will cast a massive shadow over the Treasury Gardens every afternoon when the sun sets in the west, yet no one seems to have any problems with that.

Is the Southbank promenade and Yarra River more important when it comes to overshadowing?

Whenever I'm in any of Melbourne's public Gardens/Parks or dining alfresco, I always look for a shady spot to sit under. cool

Who actually sits out in the sun? 

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

It's more to do the with the time of day ie 11am-2pm. 35 Spring won't overshadow the gardens during these times on either the winter solstice or the equinox, I suspect.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Awesome

Michal's picture

Great render, this is definitely in my top 3 developments.

Paul_D's picture

My God that's just incredible!
First post and excited to migrate over here. :)

Mark Baljak's picture

welcome aboard Paul + Michal

anyone know the prices over varying options, must be expensive? 160m for only 39 levels is a pricey build

i'd love to see a 200m tower replace Mercure eventually, one for Blockhead...

Michal's picture

Thanks Mark, i've been lurking around on here since you kicked off. You've done a great job, the project database is really well implemented.

I think they really nailed the proportions on this one.

Added to the list. Height would probably need to mediate between former Shell House and 35 Spring but I could make it 200m just for kicks.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Alastair Taylor's picture

A little birdie said 35 Spring St is having an exclusive sales centre preview soon ;)

Mark Baljak's picture

third pic is stupendously good

Andrew Mck's picture

WOW just wow...

Mark Baljak's picture

Lend Lease and Equiset have tenders out already, pre-sales seem to be strong?

MelbourneGuy's picture

I'm not surprised by the strength of the pre-sales considering its position and quality of construction.

Paul_D's picture

Just noticed an advert for 35 Spring St on Domain. Interior pics and all :)

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/New-Apartments-Off-the-Plan/V...

Michael Berquez's picture

I want to live there...NOW!
But I don't understand how 39 levels = 160m.......

Nicholas Harrison's picture

It will actually be 45 levels high.

Must have high ceilings - they are afterall premium apartments.

Pages

Development & Planning

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 - 06:00
Vicinity Centres, operator of The Glen, gained a decisive win last week with City of Monash deciding to issue a Notice of Decision that will allow the operator to considerably boost the number of apartments it has planned as part of its wide-ranging redevelopment of the Glen Waverley shopping complex.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 09:00
The New Urban Agenda was officially adopted in Quito, Ecuador in the last plenary of the Habitat III conference. The agenda provides a 20-year “roadmap” to guide sustainable urban development globally. The text of the New Urban Agenda itself was agreed well before Habitat III at the UN General Assembly in September, during an extraordinary informal negotiation session that lasted for more than 30 hours.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 17:00
Melbourne’s architectural landscape is a wonderful juxtaposition of modern and Victorian architecture. Although the CBD has been peppered with many skyscrapers, its historical structures have won Melbourne the title of “Australia’s most European city”.

Transport & Design

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 08:30
The recent approval of Sterling Global 's mixed-use tower at 383 La Trobe Street adds to the influx of towers with international influence leaving their mark not only on Melbourne's skyline, but the city's streetscapes. The $700 million mixed-use tower, a collaboration between French design architect Ateliers Jean Nouvel and local Australian executive architect Architectus, has been designed with people at its core.

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 12:00
Timber mid-rise buildings are becoming the preferred choice for many stakeholders in Melbourne, due to a combination of factors, including cost-effectiveness, liveability, ease and efficiency of construction. Within the recent National Construction Code change, Deemed-To-Satisfy provisions allow mid-rise timber construction for buildings up to 25 metres “effective height” (typically, eight storeys).