Advertisement
78 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

CBD | 405 Bourke Street | 156m | 39L | Office

Mark Baljak's picture

previous schemes that didn't make it

New 405 Bourke St tower by Multiplex Office Properties © Woods Bagot

site with 385 Bourke South and 360 Collins (facing Lt Collins) subject to office proposals as well

i'll add more info later

Peter Maltezos's picture

This current proposal is in my opinion the worst of the lot. no

The northern facade facing Bourke Street is abysmal!

The podium reminds me of Dalgety House a little further up the hill on Bourke Street as well.

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

Qantas743's picture

It will be blocked by Tower Melbourne, so no biggie!

Dangerous Beans's picture

Dull but competent architecture + huge floor plates = very likely to get built. Unfortunate but true.

Viscount Melbourne's picture

I agree with Peter. It is not the best of the lot. However, this has a better chance of getting built!

Andrew Mck's picture

Dissapointing week for commercial proposals in a whole, fat (not phat) and stumpy seems all the go now in everything commercial.

Peter Maltezos's picture

Just so wish that they would choose the Fender Katsalidis proposal instead!

One of Laurence's renderings below:

thecollectormm.com.au

Michael Berquez's picture

The FK design was the greenish blue one right? If so, then yep, I wish as well.

Peter Maltezos's picture

Both of these proposals were Fender Katsalidis designs.

Early version:

Later design and the one I like the most:

thecollectormm.com.au

Fedsquared's picture

Middle top render too was from Fender Katsalidis

Ryan Seychell's picture

This was approved in May.

Mark Baljak's picture

Time's up for a confounding site
October 9, 2013

It's the prime CBD retail centre that shoppers forgot.
Launched with great fanfare in 2007, The Foundry has become an empty shell sitting on the edge of the busiest shopping precinct in the city, Bourke Street Mall.
It's main entrance is closed, sealed off after the last tenants fled the three-storey arcade that once promised to be a ''sophisticated environment'' delivering ''a new standard of convenience and service retail'' linking Bourke and Little Collins streets, according to advertising materials.

Earlier this year, Planning Minister Matthew Guy granted approval to clear part of the site to build a 39-storey tower with 60,000 sq m of office space and 3700 sq m of retail.
Brookfield Australia said no date had been set for construction to begin. ''Discussions are ongoing with several large tenant groups to anchor the development,'' a spokeswoman said

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/business/property/times-up-for-a-confounding-si...

Kycon's picture

I like it. Website states a superficial 2017 completion date.
http://www.fka-studios.com/project/405-bourke-street/workplace

Mark Baljak's picture

2017 - one could only hope. FK & Woods Bagot? whats the go with the website?

Ryan Seychell's picture

That's the older design

Nicholas Harrison's picture

Yeah it is confusing. Earle Arney from Woods Bagot has joined FK so now they include all his projects on the website as well as the FK stuff.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Looks like advertising signage has been placed around the site.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Qantas743's picture

That shot is so in need of Tower Melb.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Meh

Mark Baljak's picture

hard to tell if the ribbing along the east-west facades is maintained...otherwise it's lacking any design merit

Andrew's picture

For almost any other site I'd say that facade was pretty bland and not as good as what it's replacing, I can't say it in this case though.

I'm disappointing with the overall result though, we had something unique proposed and now it is an unimaginative glass box. Hopefully something curvy comes to the city again soon.

Laurence Dragomir's picture

The section suggests the laminated glazed extrusions have been retained.

The latest rendering indicated the building is a bit taller than the rendering submitted with teh planning application.

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ So disappointing! sad

thecollectormm.com.au

Pages

Development & Planning

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 12:00
The swirl of development activity in Footscray has found another gear as new projects are submitted for approval, or are on the verge of beginning construction. Two separate planning applications have been advertised by Maribyrnong City Council; their subsequent addition to the Urban Melbourne Project Database has seen the overall number of apartment developments within Footscray in development swell to 40.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Monday, November 20, 2017 - 12:00
The marriage of old and new can be a difficult process, particularly when the existing structure has intrinsic heritage value. In previous times Fitzroy's 237 Napier Street served as the home of furniture manufacturer C.F. Rojo and Sons. Taking root during 1887, Christobel Rojo oversaw operations though over time the site would become home to furniture manufacturer Thonet.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 07:00
The former site of John Batman's home, Batman's Hill is entering the final stages of its redevelopment. Collins Square's final tower has begun its skyward ascent, as has Lendlease's Melbourne Quarter Commercial and Residential precinct already. Melbourne Quarter's first stage is at construction and involves a new 12-storey home for consultancy firm Arup along with a skypark.

Transport & Design

Friday, December 15, 2017 - 11:00
Infrastructure Victoria unveiled a new round of research into its larger programme of work dealing with managing transport demand. The authority contracted Arup and KPMG to produce the Melbourne Activity Based Model (MABM) and while it is new, it is considered fit for purpose in the strategic context.

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 12:00
Cbus Property's office development for Medibank at 720 Bourke Street in Docklands recently became the first Australian existing property to receive a WELL Certification, Gold Shell and Core rating. The WELL rating goes beyond sustainable building features with a greater focus on the health and well-being of a building's occupants.