CBD | 567 Collins St | 29L | 125m | Office

Ryan Seychell's picture

Mark Baljak's picture

1/2/2013

Ryan Seychell's picture

Viscount Melbourne's picture

Brilliant update. Thanks guys.

Viscount Melbourne's picture

http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/commercial/investa-buys-567-collins-s...$462-million-and-cbus-sells-on-exhibition-street/2013030359683

Investa buys 567 Collins Street for $462 million
By Jonathan Chancellor
Monday, 04 March 2013

The $2.5 billion Investa Office Fund, in partnership with the Investa Commercial Property Fund, has spent $462 million to buy Leighton's development at 567 Collins Street, Melbourne.

It is expected the deal on the 55,000-square-metre office tower will deliver a 6.7% cash-on-cash yield on its mid-2015 completion.

The office will be the largest PCA premium grade tower constructed in Melbourne in the last 25 years.

Located between Spencer and King Streets, Leighton Properties recently announced a major new lease to Leighton Contractors in the 26 level tower. Leighton Contractors will establish its Victorian head office across 12,700 sqm of the campus component of the building.

They will join leading law firm Corrs Chambers Westgarth, which signed a lease in late 2012 for 8,800 sqm of the building’s skyrise.

Peter Menegazzo, the Investa group executive and fund manager of ICPF, said Leighton had done a wonderful job in designing a very high quality office building.

It is understood that with the tower almost 50% leased there has been an income guarantee given over any vacant space until mid-2019.

The deal was brokered by CBRE’s Rick Butler and Mark Coster, with Jones Lang LaSalle’s James Kaufman and Simon Storry.

It's the biggest central business district property deal since the CFS Retail consortium bought the Myer store for $605 million in 2007.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Ground works still:

Mark Baljak's picture

Alastair Taylor's picture

Are the older support structures right on the footpath of Collins Street simply an older basement or were they built to raise the level of Collins St at some point in the pasT?

Peter Maltezos's picture

The old basement level of the Wool & Grain Warehouse as seen in the photo below.

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

Mark Baljak's picture

ahhhh i'm speechless, what we've lost...

Ryan Seychell's picture

Michael Berquez's picture

Anyone got any idea of what the south side of this building is going to look like? Similar to the front????

Chris Peska's picture

Observe. Design. Build. Live.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Mark Baljak's picture

you get an idea of the depth of the reo for the lift well

Mark Baljak's picture

Ryan Seychell's picture

Ryan Seychell's picture

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ Easily the largest lift core I've ever seen! surprise

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

Mark Baljak's picture

third crane to appear in north-east corner it seems

Glennwilson's picture

Ryan Seychell's picture

Mark Baljak's picture

rippled lower facade?

Ryan Seychell's picture

seems that way for a small portion of it at least. will go well with 568 across the road..

Michael Berquez's picture

I can't believe that this block will no longer be vacant....I remember it being vacant even way back in 1997....
This whole part part of Collins Street is gonna look so much better soon.

MelbourneGuy's picture

Love the frontage on this to Collins st.

Pages

Development & Planning

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 12:00
The swirl of development activity in Footscray has found another gear as new projects are submitted for approval, or are on the verge of beginning construction. Two separate planning applications have been advertised by Maribyrnong City Council; their subsequent addition to the Urban Melbourne Project Database has seen the overall number of apartment developments within Footscray in development swell to 40.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Monday, November 20, 2017 - 12:00
The marriage of old and new can be a difficult process, particularly when the existing structure has intrinsic heritage value. In previous times Fitzroy's 237 Napier Street served as the home of furniture manufacturer C.F. Rojo and Sons. Taking root during 1887, Christobel Rojo oversaw operations though over time the site would become home to furniture manufacturer Thonet.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 07:00
The former site of John Batman's home, Batman's Hill is entering the final stages of its redevelopment. Collins Square's final tower has begun its skyward ascent, as has Lendlease's Melbourne Quarter Commercial and Residential precinct already. Melbourne Quarter's first stage is at construction and involves a new 12-storey home for consultancy firm Arup along with a skypark.

Transport & Design

Friday, December 15, 2017 - 11:00
Infrastructure Victoria unveiled a new round of research into its larger programme of work dealing with managing transport demand. The authority contracted Arup and KPMG to produce the Melbourne Activity Based Model (MABM) and while it is new, it is considered fit for purpose in the strategic context.

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 12:00
Cbus Property's office development for Medibank at 720 Bourke Street in Docklands recently became the first Australian existing property to receive a WELL Certification, Gold Shell and Core rating. The WELL rating goes beyond sustainable building features with a greater focus on the health and well-being of a building's occupants.