Melburn21's picture

568 Collins Street project page

old podium

current podium

Mark Baljak's picture

first pour last week (NCP photo)

Ryan Seychell's picture

Viscount Melbourne's picture

Love the last two pictures. Thanks for the update.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Another:

Mark Baljak's picture

NCP photo

Michael Berquez's picture

Damn, how I've been waiting to see those pics. Thank you everyone.

Dangerous Beans's picture

Seems to me like this one has been a little slow getting to this stage, but she looks ready to pop now.

Mark Baljak's picture

^^ yeah ground works nearing completion and concrete placing boom ready

NCP photos of recent works

Andrew Mck's picture

Come on baby, rise rise rise..

MelbourneGuy's picture

Most NY looking skyscraper we've got imo.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Ryan Seychell's picture

Core's risen:

Dangerous Beans's picture

Wahoo, one core rise down, lots more to look forward to. Thanks again for the pics.

SignageGuy World Advertising's picture

Hi All,

Mike Here!

Im the Man in charge of the Signage on this Jumpform - My Company was engaged to do this project!

The Photos Look Great!!!!!

Laurence Dragomir's picture

Great to have you aboard Mike!

I'm still intrigued to know what material the building will be clad in.....I just cant make out in the renders really whats going on. Does the tower have tiny thin windows, or big windows behind some kind of vertical screens...???????

Mark Baljak's picture

hrrrm good point. some of bruce henderson's other current projects use small fins over a glass facade - thats my tip

on a side note, if Stamoulis & Bruce Henderson team up for the 400m monster at 555 Collins as they have for 568 Collins i wish for this

Bruce Henderson design for Dailin waterfront, China

Ryan Seychell's picture

Think this is the old podium design but gives you an idea of what the facade will look like if you zoom in: http://auestate.com/forum/attachments/forumid_6/100819185769cbb3e68b278f...

Anyways, pics from the other day:

Thanks so much for your thoughts Ryan...and all the pics.

Thanks for having me guys!!

also thank you to Alastair, for his invitation to join you all!

Ryan Seychell's picture

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ Glad to see that they are painting the floor level numbers on the core. smiley

A blue 5 is just poking out in the photo above.

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

Does anyone know what happens on the roof of the deco building on the right with the red umbrellas? Is it a bar?

Its a childcare centre

Ah right...thanks, i thought the one on the left was childcare....

Pages

Development & Planning

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 12:00
Brunswick's Anstey Precinct is in for a massive shot of development as Melbourne's Nightingale Housing plans seven separate buildings in a project that will be dubbed Nightingale Village. Already accustomed to urban renewal, the area surrounding Anstey Station is set to benefit from the unprecedented move by Nightingale Housing to develop what amounts to an entire street.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Monday, November 20, 2017 - 12:00
The marriage of old and new can be a difficult process, particularly when the existing structure has intrinsic heritage value. In previous times Fitzroy's 237 Napier Street served as the home of furniture manufacturer C.F. Rojo and Sons. Taking root during 1887, Christobel Rojo oversaw operations though over time the site would become home to furniture manufacturer Thonet.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 07:00
The former site of John Batman's home, Batman's Hill is entering the final stages of its redevelopment. Collins Square's final tower has begun its skyward ascent, as has Lendlease's Melbourne Quarter Commercial and Residential precinct already. Melbourne Quarter's first stage is at construction and involves a new 12-storey home for consultancy firm Arup along with a skypark.

Transport & Design

Saturday, December 9, 2017 - 00:00
Spring Street has released details of a large shutdown of the Pakenham/Cranbourne and Frankston lines which will allow workers to complete major upgrades to the rail infrastructure. The work is required to allow for the introduction of the new High Capacity Metro Trains (HCMTs) and will involve upgrading power & catenary, signalling and communications equipment in the Dandenong (Pakenham/Cranbourne) corridor.

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 12:00
Cbus Property's office development for Medibank at 720 Bourke Street in Docklands recently became the first Australian existing property to receive a WELL Certification, Gold Shell and Core rating. The WELL rating goes beyond sustainable building features with a greater focus on the health and well-being of a building's occupants.