Advertisement
86 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

CBD | 612 Lonsdale Street | Melbourne One | 144m | 47L | Residential

Nicholas Harrison's picture

The Latest tower by Central Equity on part of the old AGE newspaper site on the corner of Spencer and Lonsdale Streets.

The facade and front section of the historic Reidy's building will be retained.

Melburn21's picture

Southbank Grand 2.0?

Time to say goodbye to Elliot Lane.

Mark Baljak's picture
Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ Hard to believe that is the central city area, reminds me of the old neighbourhood I grew up in near the Richmond railway station.

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

Mark Baljak's picture

Doig Architecture

Dangerous Beans's picture

%#@! My eyes! That's painful to look at on a sunday morning... or any time for that matter.

Fedsquared's picture

Bloody CE! Even worse than I expected. Thank God that The Age site will block it out.

Qantas743's picture

"Dog Architecture".

MelbourneGuy's picture

Didn't they name a similar building years ago the 'Green latrine'. This may be its second incarnation.

Melbourne_Fragments's picture

Just lazy. generic mesh is all they can do to integrate the historic facade? also losing 2 bluestone laneways and a few old brick buildings that could have been adaptively re-used for so many creative purposes. massive fail and short term thinking that the future residents in this area will regret

Kycon's picture

Flagstaff Place was decent and interesting, but this has got to be one of CE"s most uninspiring design.

Mark Baljak's picture

devil is in the detail

Fedsquared's picture

It actually doesn't look as bad there, apart from that podium.

MelbourneGuy's picture

Pretty much the same as their previous stuff. Not to my taste at all but their formula must be working because they always sell.

Paint the concrete black and get rid of the central equity signage.

Fedsquared's picture

I'd prefer the exposed concrete to black paint. Could work on this one.

Chris Peska's picture

I mean if you compare this with so many other towers going upin the city these days, this design is still 10 years behind. Exactly the same as Southbank One.

Observe. Design. Build. Live.

Melbourne_Fragments's picture

podium is the equivalant of bogan surf brand rip off designer ripped jeans

johnproctor's picture

^ exactly hate that text. Hate the podium. Hate the loss of lane ways. Hate the box design. Hate the 50m central equity sign. Hate the treatment of the heritage building.

Andrew Mck's picture

^^
Agree 100%..

MelbourneGuy's picture

CE have never been known for their cutting edge design.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Mark Baljak's picture

demolition of rear plot has started

Ryan Seychell's picture

Construction to begin mid-year. Sales launch was packed yesterday..

Rohan Storey's picture

Strangely looks just like a central equity design ! Yukky. Thought they were going to at least keep more of the side wall of the warehouse, but no. At least the fabulous Edwardian facade will have a blank backdrop behind it, and it set back a long way - surprised the front tower doesnt overhanging the Lonsdale St footpath !

Lookingupatbuildings

Pages

Development & Planning

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 00:00
City of Port Phillip will this week indicate that it has sufficient reason to object to two pending projects in Port Melbourne. 17 Rocklea Drive and 365-391 Plummer Street are both within the Wirraway Precinct of Fishermans Bend, and both projects are under the authority of the Minister for Planning.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Monday, November 20, 2017 - 12:00
The marriage of old and new can be a difficult process, particularly when the existing structure has intrinsic heritage value. In previous times Fitzroy's 237 Napier Street served as the home of furniture manufacturer C.F. Rojo and Sons. Taking root during 1887, Christobel Rojo oversaw operations though over time the site would become home to furniture manufacturer Thonet.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 07:00
The former site of John Batman's home, Batman's Hill is entering the final stages of its redevelopment. Collins Square's final tower has begun its skyward ascent, as has Lendlease's Melbourne Quarter Commercial and Residential precinct already. Melbourne Quarter's first stage is at construction and involves a new 12-storey home for consultancy firm Arup along with a skypark.

Transport & Design

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 12:00
When a site spans 19,280 square metres, it becomes a 'district'. That's the case according to the development team behind the Jam Factory's pending overhaul. Reporting on the project to date has focused on the close to 60,000 square metres of new commercial space that is earmarked for the site, but more importantly from a layperson's perspective is the extensive new public realm that is planned as part of the development.

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 12:00
Cbus Property's office development for Medibank at 720 Bourke Street in Docklands recently became the first Australian existing property to receive a WELL Certification, Gold Shell and Core rating. The WELL rating goes beyond sustainable building features with a greater focus on the health and well-being of a building's occupants.