podium

ground

conservatory

internals

ESD

renders

one of the better planning apps I've seen

Melbourne_Fragments's picture

Very nice, though it looks more like it was designed for Brisbane/Gold Coast/Singapore

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ I like it too! yessmileyyes

Looks like it's going to be the pick of the bunch around that area.

Like the way they have included DCM's CUB tower in one of the renderings as well.

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

Andrew's picture

City of Melbourne officers recommending this project for approval to Matthew Guy with conditions.
http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/AboutCouncil/Meetings/Lists/CouncilMeeti...

The key issues are internal spacing of apartments and natural light levels which can be worked out with minor re-designs and the widening of Bell Pl at the side & rear of the site and 4.5 meters of vertical clearance above Bell Place.

There is, however, concern about light and ventilation for some bedrooms in some
apartments.

Floor plans in the PDF above.

Height: 124m (37 storeys plus curved roof feature)
Podium height: 17m (six storeys)
GFA: 44,484sqm

473 dwellings
One bedroom: 214
Two bedroom: 239
Three bedroom: 30
Car spaces: 123
Bicycle spaces: 557 (377 storage cage, 180 bike rack)

Shops 2: 98sqm & 142sqm
Food & drink premises: 60sqm

Levels 6-32 (bulk of apartments)

Mark Baljak's picture

MelbourneGuy's picture

I like the detailed work on the crown. This could be a good looker but one never knows until it's finished.

Andrew's picture

I'm not sure I like the patterns ontop of the crown and fins but no doubt they'll look fine from a distance and allow a bit of light through for residents instead of a solid barrier.

Andrew's picture

Approved.

Matthew Guy MP [email protected]

Permit (NOD) approved for 9-23 Mackenzie St, Melbourne. 38 floors, $120m investment creating hundreds of bldg jobs.

danke's picture

Love the look of it, very swish.

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^heartyessmileyyes

SUBLIME!

thecollectormm.com.au

Ryan Seychell's picture

This will be launched next if all goes to plan

Adrian's picture

UEM will now launch this in Q2 of 2015 following the success of Aurora (and also when Aurora will start construction itself).

Mark Baljak's picture

podium has changed somewhat to earlier version

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ The new finishes on the podium match the rest of the building now.

The original rendering shows a modern take (reinterpretation) on the balconies of the former terrace homes that once stood on the site.

On balance I think I would have preferred the original design.

At least the vertical gardens have been retained.

thecollectormm.com.au

Nicholas Harrison's picture

Ryan Seychell's picture

Out to tender

Garmatt's picture

Good. Like this one.

Riddlz's picture
Adrian's picture

.. and the display suite is U/C

Max Grandeur's picture
Ryan Seychell's picture

Peter Maltezos's picture

http://www.domain.com.au/news/offshore-buyer-snaps-up-entire-floor-of-pe...

Offshore buyer snaps up entire floor of penthouse apartments in Melbourne’s Conservatory

Sep 4, 2015 Christina Zhou

An offshore Singaporean buyer has created his own $7 million super penthouse by snapping up an entire level of luxurious top-floor apartments in a coming Melbourne development, reaching the decision in less than 72 hours. 

At the same time, the investor bought another pad in the 446-apartment project by Malaysian developers UEM Sunrise, Conservatory, for $1 million.

The buyer flew to Melbourne to see the parkside location, overlooking the world heritage-listed Royal Exhibition Building and Carlton Gardens, on Mackenzie Street last Saturday and inked the contract when he returned to Singapore on Monday, when the exclusive preview campaign was launched. 

thecollectormm.com.au

Mark Baljak's picture

Conservatory shimmers as Malaysia's UEM Sunrise expansion heats up

Malaysian developer UEM Sunrise is on the expansion path across Australia and its $300 million Conservatory development in Melbourne has already attracted cashed-up investors.
It plans to consider mixed-use sites and it is understood the group has been invited, along with other developers, by NSW UrbanGrowth​ to look at its Bays Precinct site.
UEM Sunrise chief executive Anwar Syahrin Abdul Ajib​ said in Malaysia last week that the group would focus on central business districts where there were more opportunities for residential conversions.
He shrugged off any concerns about oversupply in Melbourne, saying population growth was forecast to be strong.
Advertisement

"We are looking for gilt-edged inner-city properties where we can develop and add significant value," Mr Anwar Syahrin​ said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/business/property/conservatory-shimmers-as-mala...

Ryan Seychell's picture

Display suite:

shky's picture

Apparently there is a display suite private viewing by appointment on this 24-25th October.

Ryan Seychell's picture

70% sold according to the AFR

Pages

Development & Planning

Friday, January 20, 2017 - 00:00
A rush of planning applications either side of the festive break are cumulatively seeking to add to South Melbourne's robust development scene, with four major apartment projects lodged. City of Port Phillip will now assess the respective merits of the fresh applications, along with a handful of other noteworthy towers already at planning that when combined, would provide the popular suburb with thousands of new apartments.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 00:00
On 2 January 2017, it was reported that several popular eateries and bars in Footscray had been vandalised, including the perennially successful 8 Bit Burgers on Droop Street, and Up In Smoke on Hopkins Street. 8 Bit had the warm new year's welcome gift of 14 smashed windows and the words “F**k off hipster scum” spray-painted on their entrance.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 17:00
Melbourne’s architectural landscape is a wonderful juxtaposition of modern and Victorian architecture. Although the CBD has been peppered with many skyscrapers, its historical structures have won Melbourne the title of “Australia’s most European city”.

Transport & Design

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 12:00
Timber mid-rise buildings are becoming the preferred choice for many stakeholders in Melbourne, due to a combination of factors, including cost-effectiveness, liveability, ease and efficiency of construction. Within the recent National Construction Code change, Deemed-To-Satisfy provisions allow mid-rise timber construction for buildings up to 25 metres “effective height” (typically, eight storeys).