Advertisement
139 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

CBD | MY80 | 410 Elizabeth Street | 173m | 55L | Residential

Ryan Seychell's picture

Ryan Seychell's picture

Peter Maltezos's picture

Powering along and now taller than the building that was demolished to make way for this. smiley

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

Ryan Seychell's picture

Ryan Seychell's picture

Alastair Taylor's picture

from insta-feed today

Dangerous Beans's picture

It's going to be an interesting beast -could- turn out to be one of the better hunks of concrete since republic. Here's hoping, concrete can be a great material when used well, unfortunately I often admire Hayballs intent only to be disapponted with the outcome far too regularly.

Andrew Mck's picture

Im very happy at how good its looking at such a early phase, its one that i dont want to see painted, it wont be will it ?

Peter Maltezos's picture

As far as I know it wont be painted, but let's hope it gets a good scrub when it's finished.

Some of those panels are starting to collect a few stains already.

thecollectormm.com.au

Ryan Seychell's picture

Alastair Taylor's picture

the #2 shot is very handy.

Muchos Gracias for all the updates Mr Seychell.

MelbourneGuy's picture

It's going to be great looking down Elizabeth st especially so if its twin goes up opposite.

Glennwilson's picture

Michael Berquez's picture

Looking great in Glennwilson's pic....whats the bet Wallpaper mag do an article on this one once it's done. Will be right up their alley.

MelbourneGuy's picture

I'm normally against grey monotone buildings but for some reason I reckon this one's going to work.

Peter Maltezos's picture

It's looking absolutely stunning already in Glennwilson's shot! smiley

I think I'm going to like this building. yes

thecollectormm.com.au

Mark Baljak's picture

picture above - still to appear

Vision
Fulton Lane
441 Elizabeth
450 Elizabeth
58 A'Beckett
48 A'Beckett
400 Elizabeth

word has it there's an announcement due for the sale of the carpark in shot for $50 million plus - thats a very big tower(s) to hit desired profit margins once it's developed

Chris Peska's picture

Nicely worded :-)

Observe. Design. Build. Live.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Ryan Seychell's picture

Michael Berquez's picture

Will look so tall from the Queen Vic markets.......

Ryan Seychell's picture

Between this one, Fulton Lane, Vision, Urbanest and Istana going the view from the north is going to look great soon. Chuck in Abode, The Vic, not to mention the twin tower that's most likely gonna go up across the road from this site. Can't wait.

Paul_D's picture

Also starting to make an impact now from The Vic Market

Ryan Seychell's picture

Peter Maltezos's picture

Growing at a good pace! smiley

thecollectormm.com.au

Bronteboy's picture

Individually I'm fairly dubious about the white concrete look of this building - something a bit Harry Seidler about it - but I like the look of that penthouse! I'll accept too that it will help further build up that end of Elizabeth Street. That north end of the city is really started to roar to life - really noticed the change walking down from a seminar at the university recently.

onwards and upwards

Pages

Development & Planning

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 00:00
Journal Student Living's move on 500 Swanston Street headlines a fresh drive of student accommodation projects looking to call Carlton home. The $60 build would be Journal's second Melbourne project after 18-32 Leicester Street which is in the hands of Icon Construction. Journal Student Living is backed by South African company Redefine Properties.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Monday, November 20, 2017 - 12:00
The marriage of old and new can be a difficult process, particularly when the existing structure has intrinsic heritage value. In previous times Fitzroy's 237 Napier Street served as the home of furniture manufacturer C.F. Rojo and Sons. Taking root during 1887, Christobel Rojo oversaw operations though over time the site would become home to furniture manufacturer Thonet.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 07:00
The former site of John Batman's home, Batman's Hill is entering the final stages of its redevelopment. Collins Square's final tower has begun its skyward ascent, as has Lendlease's Melbourne Quarter Commercial and Residential precinct already. Melbourne Quarter's first stage is at construction and involves a new 12-storey home for consultancy firm Arup along with a skypark.

Transport & Design

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 12:00
When a site spans 19,280 square metres, it becomes a 'district'. That's the case according to the development team behind the Jam Factory's pending overhaul. Reporting on the project to date has focused on the close to 60,000 square metres of new commercial space that is earmarked for the site, but more importantly from a layperson's perspective is the extensive new public realm that is planned as part of the development.

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 12:00
Cbus Property's office development for Medibank at 720 Bourke Street in Docklands recently became the first Australian existing property to receive a WELL Certification, Gold Shell and Core rating. The WELL rating goes beyond sustainable building features with a greater focus on the health and well-being of a building's occupants.