Advertisement
81 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

CBD | The Carlson | 321 La Trobe Street | 109m | 35L | Residential

Ryan Seychell's picture

Peter Maltezos's picture

There seems to be another version of this floating around.

I'm guessing the one posted by Ryan is the latest because if you read the paragraph on the bottom, the one above seems to go someway to rectify the reasons for the the refusal of a permit.

Focus

315-321 La Trobe Street

Mixed use development

Rothe Lowman

http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/AboutCouncil/Meetings/Lists/CouncilMeeti...

RECOMMENDATION

That a Refusal to Grant a Permit be issued for the following reasons:

1. The proposal by virtue of its height, lack of setbacks and projections will have an overbearing impact upon the public realm, contrary to the relevant provisions of the Melbourne Planning Scheme, including Clauses 21.05, 21.08 and 22.01.

2. The proposal by virtue of its lack of setbacks will have an adverse impact on the development potential of adjoining land and is contrary to the relevant provisions of the Melbourne Planning Scheme, including Clauses 21.05, 21.08 and 22.01.

3. The proposal would result in an inadequate level of amenity for future occupants given the over-reliance on borrowed light and ventilation for habitable rooms.

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

Chris Peska's picture

geez how many versions of this tower are there going to be? just build the bloody thing lol

Observe. Design. Build. Live.

Ryan Seychell's picture

This one will now be known as 'The Carlson' - suppose marketing won't be too far away.

\

'The Carlson' A couple more renders: The Carlson Posted on 18 April 2013 Melbourne has seen significant expansion and development over the past few years. With notable projects and residential buildings being developed in the Central Business District (CBD) of Melbourne, the city has proved itself for an opportunity of investment and first time home owners. As a beacon of simplicity and sophistication, the Carlson captures the enthusiastic spirit of Melbourne. Designed by lauded architectural firm in Melbourne, ROTHELOWMAN, The Carlson is sculpted alongside with acoustic engineers to minimise the sound pollution that may come from the city trams and traffic. Like the city, it is modern and cultured; complex and intricate. Simplicity trumps excessiveness. Taking into account of the potential noise coming from the city, designers for The Carlson employed acoustic engineers to ensure effective noise reflection, allowing residents to unwind after a day of work or study. With refuse and recycling rooms in every level in the building, The Carlson aspires to be one of the front runners for environmental residences in Melbourne. Offered alongside to the unsurpassed architecture and design, will be a myriad of options on colour palates, finishes and contemporary furniture.

Read more here: http://www.xynergy.com.au/news-detail/the-carlson--/22

More info here also: http://jpeastwoods.com.au/sample-page/projects-new-properties/the-carlson/

Mark Baljak's picture

images from rothe lowman

wow

Melburn21's picture

did it just get taller? or is that my imagination?

also, windows on a adjoining wall? i appreciate the effort to break up a concrete wall but... buyer beware...

johnproctor's picture

Is this about to be advertised? I saw signage up on a site in this block riding past the other day, it Might have been a bit further up though like 335 or something,

Mark Baljak's picture

yeah seems its about to be launched

Amanda Jensen's picture

is it just me or? Something is looking pretty weird on the artistic impression - especially the top of the building where the building seemed to the growing larger and inclined at an angle?

Mark Baljak's picture

this one gives a good indication of scale

Ryan Seychell's picture

Mark Baljak's picture

construction to tender

Mark Baljak's picture

construction engineering have scored the build, not far off starting

Nicholas Harrison's picture

Supersize me:

This one next door will cover up the blank wall:

Kycon's picture

Which is the current design that was tendered for? I much prefer the fins ontop like Zen. Also has there been any renders for the Southern side?

Mark Baljak's picture

separate buildings, carlson fits in the gap in pic above. why bother inserting west facing windows on carlson?

howard1234's picture

This is a beautiful apartment.
Is it value for money?
How far from the mall and U. of Melboure?

I put them both together in one rendering:

Mark Baljak's picture

Hutchinson Builders have the job, shouldn't be too far off commencing

Ryan Seychell's picture

Yup, Hutchinson signage over the site, won't be long until demolition begins i'd say.
Also, pretty sure I read somewhere that there's some sort of cafe or retail outlet that will activate the lane way behind.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Mark Baljak's picture

Ryan Seychell's picture

Ryan Seychell's picture

Ryan Seychell's picture

Pages

Development & Planning

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 12:00
The swirl of development activity in Footscray has found another gear as new projects are submitted for approval, or are on the verge of beginning construction. Two separate planning applications have been advertised by Maribyrnong City Council; their subsequent addition to the Urban Melbourne Project Database has seen the overall number of apartment developments within Footscray in development swell to 40.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Monday, November 20, 2017 - 12:00
The marriage of old and new can be a difficult process, particularly when the existing structure has intrinsic heritage value. In previous times Fitzroy's 237 Napier Street served as the home of furniture manufacturer C.F. Rojo and Sons. Taking root during 1887, Christobel Rojo oversaw operations though over time the site would become home to furniture manufacturer Thonet.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 07:00
The former site of John Batman's home, Batman's Hill is entering the final stages of its redevelopment. Collins Square's final tower has begun its skyward ascent, as has Lendlease's Melbourne Quarter Commercial and Residential precinct already. Melbourne Quarter's first stage is at construction and involves a new 12-storey home for consultancy firm Arup along with a skypark.

Transport & Design

Friday, December 15, 2017 - 11:00
Infrastructure Victoria unveiled a new round of research into its larger programme of work dealing with managing transport demand. The authority contracted Arup and KPMG to produce the Melbourne Activity Based Model (MABM) and while it is new, it is considered fit for purpose in the strategic context.

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 12:00
Cbus Property's office development for Medibank at 720 Bourke Street in Docklands recently became the first Australian existing property to receive a WELL Certification, Gold Shell and Core rating. The WELL rating goes beyond sustainable building features with a greater focus on the health and well-being of a building's occupants.