Pages

CBD | The Vic | 212 Victoria Street | 22L| Residential

Ryan Seychell's picture

Ryan Seychell's picture

Construction updates:

Ryan Seychell's picture

Ryan Seychell's picture

Dangerous Beans's picture

Nothin' special but it looks like it will get the job done. It is definitely an improvement on what was there before, especially in terms of street activation.
Thanks for all the pics Ryan.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Ryan Seychell's picture

Starting to become visible from Docklands now:

Michael Berquez's picture

Also MY80 becoming visible by the looks of it

Ryan Seychell's picture

Couple of days ago:

Paul_D's picture

Wow except for the blank wall this is a lovely surprise. I love the use of the white metal bars creating an awning or shade from the direct sun.

Have to disagree Paul...I hate everything about it so far

Dean's picture

I'm sure once all the plywood is removed on completion it will look much more cohesive

Glennwilson's picture

Is it going to look anything like the render?

Peter Maltezos's picture

This is what we missed out on:

A proposal for an apartment block, 200 Victoria St (The Vic site) by Peck von Hartel.

Pity that we missed out on this masterpiece, I think the planning authorities thought this was to tall for the site.

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

/\/\ Damn.......even in black and white it looks good

MelbourneGuy's picture

I'm forever amazed when the MCC carries on about an apartment block being too tall. I work on the principle that if you can't build tall in the city, where can you? As if the issues of a twenty storey building are all that different to a fifteen storey building. I also realise the usual answers they bring up regarding over development such as crowding etc.

Paul_D's picture

It's a shame the "rusted" section to the East isn't as per render. I still like the slat work though

Ryan Seychell's picture

^ I wonder if that's the material they would have gone with had the old design for Vision went ahead. Had a similar kind of 'rusted' facade..

Mark Baljak's picture

Ryan Seychell's picture

Ryan Seychell's picture

Really liking how this one is turning out:

Chris Peska's picture

hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................

Observe. Design. Build. Live.

Alastair Taylor's picture

...ore please?

MelbourneGuy's picture

Better seen from a distance than up close methinks.

Dean's picture

External AC units are just slack and cheap. It's ok at best but not much better than that shocker 'Guild' in Southbank.

Melbman's picture

I've seen worse, but yeah nothing special.

Pages

Development & Planning

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 12:00
The swirl of development activity in Footscray has found another gear as new projects are submitted for approval, or are on the verge of beginning construction. Two separate planning applications have been advertised by Maribyrnong City Council; their subsequent addition to the Urban Melbourne Project Database has seen the overall number of apartment developments within Footscray in development swell to 40.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Monday, November 20, 2017 - 12:00
The marriage of old and new can be a difficult process, particularly when the existing structure has intrinsic heritage value. In previous times Fitzroy's 237 Napier Street served as the home of furniture manufacturer C.F. Rojo and Sons. Taking root during 1887, Christobel Rojo oversaw operations though over time the site would become home to furniture manufacturer Thonet.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 07:00
The former site of John Batman's home, Batman's Hill is entering the final stages of its redevelopment. Collins Square's final tower has begun its skyward ascent, as has Lendlease's Melbourne Quarter Commercial and Residential precinct already. Melbourne Quarter's first stage is at construction and involves a new 12-storey home for consultancy firm Arup along with a skypark.

Transport & Design

Friday, December 15, 2017 - 11:00
Infrastructure Victoria unveiled a new round of research into its larger programme of work dealing with managing transport demand. The authority contracted Arup and KPMG to produce the Melbourne Activity Based Model (MABM) and while it is new, it is considered fit for purpose in the strategic context.

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 12:00
Cbus Property's office development for Medibank at 720 Bourke Street in Docklands recently became the first Australian existing property to receive a WELL Certification, Gold Shell and Core rating. The WELL rating goes beyond sustainable building features with a greater focus on the health and well-being of a building's occupants.