212 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

CBD | Tower Melbourne | 150 Queen Street | 226m | Residential

Alastair Taylor's picture

Corner of Bourke & Queen Streets

10 News story:

Peter Maltezos's picture

This is one I'm looking forward to, Elenberg Fraser's best design so far in my humble opinion! yes

Construction very likely to start this year with the demolition of the existing building.

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

Lopan's picture

Agree with Peter.

What a vision this building will be! Love it.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Retail in the current building seem to be closing down at the moment, demolition shouldn't be too far off.

Andrew Mck's picture

Dreams are comming true...

MelbourneGuy's picture

Not many buildings stir my soul but this is certainly one of them. Looking forward to this with a great deal of anticipation.

Glennwilson's picture

A couple of lasting memories. All tenants bar level nine out. Westpac commenced document removal last Friday.

Mark Baljak's picture

ahh thanks glenn

cant wait

Mark Baljak's picture

external works, probably enabling the installation of safety gantries prior to demo

Michael Berquez's picture

This is going to be quite a long and agonising process....but great to see the start of some action nonetheless

MelbourneGuy's picture

TBO this is getting off the ground quicker than I thought.

Mark Baljak's picture

Melbman's picture

Demolition of a site like that must be a huge challenge. Good luck to them.

Really looking forward to this one going up. A true landmark design.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Scaffolding on its way up:

Alastair Taylor's picture

bout time this one started kicking.

MelbourneGuy's picture

This is the next one on my 'must watch' list after Prima Pearl. The design is something special.

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ Ditto everyone! smiley

What about that lane in the last photo?

Looks like it's just a lane, no bars, shops or street art.

This is not Sydney, we can't have that here! wink

thecollectormm.com.au

Ryan Seychell's picture

Scaffolding:

Mark Baljak's picture

slowly, slowly

Laurence Dragomir's picture

Just because...

Kycon's picture

Delta's been gutting the insides while dramas happen. Wish they'd bring in the big wrecking ball like the good old days :D

Also quite a tight site, with trees lining both foothpaths and overhead tram wires. Probably put in a over Queens street gantry

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ The demolition process was dictated by the fact that there was a lot of asbestos in the building.

Thankyou for the great rendering Laurence. yessmileyyes

thecollectormm.com.au

Ryan Seychell's picture

Qantas743's picture

Still no activity I presume?

Qantas743's picture

According to Glenn Wilson (on SSC), this one could be shelved entirely should the dispute with the neighbouring owner drag on past June.

Was really looking forward to this one... :(

Mark Baljak's picture

can someone explain what the problem is with 140 Queen....i've missed why this has slowed

Pages

Development & Planning

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 00:00
City of Port Phillip will this week indicate that it has sufficient reason to object to two pending projects in Port Melbourne. 17 Rocklea Drive and 365-391 Plummer Street are both within the Wirraway Precinct of Fishermans Bend, and both projects are under the authority of the Minister for Planning.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Monday, November 20, 2017 - 12:00
The marriage of old and new can be a difficult process, particularly when the existing structure has intrinsic heritage value. In previous times Fitzroy's 237 Napier Street served as the home of furniture manufacturer C.F. Rojo and Sons. Taking root during 1887, Christobel Rojo oversaw operations though over time the site would become home to furniture manufacturer Thonet.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 07:00
The former site of John Batman's home, Batman's Hill is entering the final stages of its redevelopment. Collins Square's final tower has begun its skyward ascent, as has Lendlease's Melbourne Quarter Commercial and Residential precinct already. Melbourne Quarter's first stage is at construction and involves a new 12-storey home for consultancy firm Arup along with a skypark.

Transport & Design

Saturday, December 9, 2017 - 00:00
Spring Street has released details of a large shutdown of the Pakenham/Cranbourne and Frankston lines which will allow workers to complete major upgrades to the rail infrastructure. The work is required to allow for the introduction of the new High Capacity Metro Trains (HCMTs) and will involve upgrading power & catenary, signalling and communications equipment in the Dandenong (Pakenham/Cranbourne) corridor.

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 12:00
Cbus Property's office development for Medibank at 720 Bourke Street in Docklands recently became the first Australian existing property to receive a WELL Certification, Gold Shell and Core rating. The WELL rating goes beyond sustainable building features with a greater focus on the health and well-being of a building's occupants.