14 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

CBD | VU Tower | 364-378 Lt Lonsdale | 30L | 135m | Mixed Use

Mark Baljak's picture

Mixed Use
Jackson Architecure

One of the best tower applications i've seen, should get approved easily.

Dean's picture

It's certainly a fat bastard.

Ryan Seychell's picture

I love it

Bronteboy's picture

I think Daryl Jackson's have excelled themselves here, particularly as a response to the limitations of the site. The thing is they have differentiated the high rise so well from the surrounding commercial buildings and apartments towers. Both elegant and appealing - assuming all goes well, it could just be the best-looking new building in the CBD IMO.

I've been thinking on this building for the past 24 hours and just get more pleased about it. It's a ripper!

onwards and upwards

matt drysdale's picture
Laurence Dragomir's picture

Cheers Matt and welcome aboard.

Alastair Taylor's picture

additional images @

Awesome, thanks - and as above, welcome!

Mark Baljak's picture

A whole new storey or two for old clinic

July 5, 2013

Read more:

The site of a historic women's venereal disease clinic in Little Lonsdale Street will be reborn as a 32-storey ''vertical campus'' for Victoria University, the latest tower proposal approved by the state government.

Planning Minister Matthew Guy said the redevelopment, expected to cost about $100 million, would enable more than 25,000 students to attend the university, and was in keeping with the heritage value of the site.

Chris Peska's picture

Great news! Certainly going to add a bit of foot traffic to the area and really add to the skyline! Awesome :)

Observe. Design. Build. Live.

Glennwilson's picture

You'd have to say that blanking out the Brady Apt eastern wall is the best outcome!

Shame about the loss of their views though...:)

Bronteboy's picture

Hooray. This building is almost as handsome as me!

onwards and upwards

@Melbourne_3000's picture

Gosh guys I don't know about this one.
Seems a bit ugly to me.
However, great for the Uni to be getting a new building.

Rohan Storey's picture

Any news on this one ?

Mark Baljak's picture

It'd just about due for a permit extension I'm guessing

My Real Estate Mate logo

Development & Planning

Friday, October 21, 2016 - 00:00
Following its acquisition of Waterfront City late in 2014, current owners Ashe Morgan have moved to further reinvent and reposition the precinct, which includes Harbour Town and the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel as major drawcards. The first stage of overhaul works which were concentrated on Harbour Town are concluding. These...

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 14:30
On Monday 24th of October, the iCities: World Class CBDs series conference kicks off. First held in Kuala Lumpur, this year's conference is to be held at the Langham Hotel on Southbank. iCities is owned and operated by iProperty Group, a network property under the REA Group umbrella brand. Over...

Visual Melbourne

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 17:00
Melbourne’s architectural landscape is a wonderful juxtaposition of modern and Victorian architecture. Although the CBD has been peppered with many skyscrapers, its historical structures have won Melbourne the title of “Australia’s most European city”. Perhaps the most striking example of this juxtaposition between old and new is the Coops Shot...

Transport & Design

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 07:00
108 Leicester Street is a collection of eight multi-level Fitzroy townhouses that have been designed to respond to the changing face of multi-residential living in Melbourne. The hybrid inner-city dwellings combine developer/builder FOURSQ with Melbourne firm BKK Architects. The design acknowledges the housing typologies of the development's Fitzroy neighbourhood with...

Sustainability & Environment

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 - 00:00
The proposed new Melbourne Conservatorium of Music (MCM) on Sturt Street is shaping to become much more than a cutting edge venue. While the project has been given coverage to date across a range of mediums, very little has been said regarding the project playing an integral part in the...