Advertisement
61 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

DONCASTER & DONCASTER EAST | 3108 - 3019 | Projects

Alastair Taylor's picture

This thread will expand, we still have a few more projects to add to the database.

kicking off...

The Summit

Imperial

1 Grosvenor Street

2-6 Thiele Street

AXF Group have authorised us to add more content to the Imperial Doncaster page: http://urbanmelbourne.info/projects/manningham/imperial-doncaster-lot-3-...

Mark Baljak's picture

Baldasso Cortese residential design for the Hill

Canvas Apartments u/c

Mark Baljak's picture

Shopping giants clash over development plan
July 8, 2013

Westfield will head to the courts to stop Bunnings Warehouse building a $180 million store because it might prevent an expansion of Doncaster Shoppingtown.

Bunnings' proposed development at 659 Doncaster Road - a retail outlet and 385 apartments - was approved by the Manningham council in May.

Westfield has lodged an objection to the council's decision with the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal. A hearing date is yet to be set.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/shopping-giants-clash-over-development...

http://www.doncasterhill.com/news/mixed-use-development-gets-go-ahead
Mixed Use Development Gets the Go Ahead
Date:
31 May 2013

Manningham Council has approved a planning application for a three stage combined retail and residential development on an 11,700 m² site in Doncaster Hill at 659-669 Doncaster Road, between Tower Street and Council Street, Doncaster.

Council gave approval for the development following the lodging of an amended application that took into consideration advice from VicRoads, Public Transport Victoria and Manningham Council officers.

The amended application reduced the size of the proposed retail store, increased traffic improvement measures and redesigned the rear interface of the site where the loading and service areas are adjacent to a residential development on Berkeley Street.

The approved development will be constructed in three stages.

Stage one, a Central Tower, covering approximately 60 per cent of the site, comprises a multi-level Bunnings store with 10.532m² of floor area, an apartment tower (124 one and two bedroom dwellings) and three levels of basement car parking.

Stages two and three will occur on both sides of the Bunnings store and will consist of two residential towers (261 dwellings) and 1266m² of ground floor retail space and basement car parking.

Manningham Mayor Cr Jennifer Yang said she believed the amended development application provides a good outcome for such a high profile and currently under-utilised site.

“There has been a significant effort from all parties to ensure that this development meets all the criteria of the Doncaster Hill Strategy in terms of providing a strong mix of residential and commercial uses and sustainable, well designed outcomes for prominent development sites within Doncaster Hill.”

“I believe the new retail outlets and more than 380 apartments, serviced by several Smartbus routes, will make a significant contribution in fulfilling the outstanding potential of the Doncaster Hill Activities Area,” she said.

Mark Baljak's picture

602-630 Doncaster Rd

101-105 Tram Rd, dodgy street activation

682-684 Doncaster Rd

Mark Baljak's picture

new development for williamsons rd doncaster by Peregrine Property

Mark Baljak's picture

first pic in thread
Englehart to sell Doncaster Road development site

Englehart Homes founder Ron Englehart is offloading a prime development site on the south side of Doncaster Road opposite Shopping Town.
The 3964-square-metre block is on the market through Colliers International with a permit for a 12-level residential building.
It is expected to attract interest above $12.5 million.
Englehart Developments lists The Summit as a ''luxury'' apartment project by Peddle Thorpe Architects. The site at 642-654 Doncaster Road has two separate titles and three street frontages.
Advertisement
The potential development includes 2000 square metres of retail space and will be part of a forest of apartments destined to rise around Doncaster Shopping Town.
Another development group, AXF, has plans for a 300-apartment complex on the north-east corner of the Westfield centre.
Mr Englehart said the size and type of project didn't fit with his business. ''We wanted to focus on our core market, detached dwellings,'' he said.
Westfield is a three-level ''super regional'' shopping centre with anchor tenants Myer, David Jones, Big W, Kmart, Coles, Woolworths and a Village Cinema complex.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/property/englehart-to-sell-doncaster-road...

Hacer will build Imperial Doncaster

Mark Baljak's picture

812 elgar rd

a worse version of below to what is seen below

to this. no world beather but far better

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ Aaaaaahhhhhh, my eyes, my eyes!! crying

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

Mark Baljak's picture

Imperial Doncaster

Mark Baljak's picture

Pearl - 1 Grosvenor Street

Melbourne Muse's picture

Would be nice to see a development in Doncaster that wasn't the predictable 7 - 12 levels over large floor plates.

Marvelous Mega-Melbourne

Melbman's picture

^^ It seems the most effective project plan though in that area. Its likely what the market wants.

I just don't understand the logic of high density apartment living in Doncaster though. I see apartments as a lifestyle choice, more in line with being close to trains and trams in the inner suburbs or an area like Box Hill or even Footscray in coming years. Those seem to make more sense than Doncaster to me at this stage. I'm sure people have their reasons :)

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ All these apartments are close or next to Westfield Doncaster and major bus routes.

In other words, close to shops and public transport.

thecollectormm.com.au

Mark Baljak's picture

Panorama already 40% sold

MelbourneGuy's picture

Just walk across to Shoppingtown and you've got access to the bus transport hub. An absolutely ideal spot for this type of development.

Melbman's picture

^^ True, but I still am not sold on apartment living there, but glad many others seem to be.

To be honest, would rather see areas like Box Hill (ie. located on a train and tram line) developed fully first, but with a view like what is possible at Doncaster Hill, its no doubt an attractive offer to many :)

Mark Baljak's picture

williamsons road doncaster, new pics

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ I see some fine tuning with the final design.

I assume that the second rendering is the final design.

thecollectormm.com.au

Mark Baljak's picture

Singapore buyers snap up eastern suburb sites

Singapore-based buyers are at the forefront of recent activity in Melbourne's eastern suburbs.
Colliers International agent Peter Bremner said the group had sold three development sites in the popular middle-ring suburb of Doncaster for a combined $40 million in the past eight months indicating a growing maturity in the apartment market.

''Five years ago it was a struggle. It's now very mature,'' Mr Bremner said. ''There is a definite theme emerging, with the last three site sales in Doncaster all being to Singaporean purchasers.''

A property with a permit for 273 apartments and 2000 sq m of commercial development at 642-654 Doncaster Road opposite Shopping Town sold last month for more than $13 million to a private Singaporean buyer.

The property was owned by Englehart Homes founder Ron Englehart who offloaded the 3964-square-metre block with a permit for a 12-level residential building called The Summit designed by Peddle Thorpe Architects.

Earlier this year, the 2.8 hectare former Morrison Brothers Nursery site in Williamsons Road was purchased for $19.28 million by Singapore-based Chip Eng Seng's CEL Australia.

The group is planning up to 100 townhouses and 50 apartments. Late last year, a car park behind the shopping centre at 1 Grosvenor Street sold to Ho Bee Land, another listed Singapore entity, for $8.5 million.

Ho Bee will use an existing permit that allows 185 apartments on the site and has begun pre-sales for the project called Pearl.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/property/singapore-buyers-snap-up-eastern...

180-200 Reynolds Road

Mark Baljak's picture

88 Tram Road & Panorama not far off starting construction

imperial - hacer pics

Mark Baljak's picture

Pearl Doncaster

MelbourneGuy's picture

Pearl seems to be a popular name lately.

Mark Baljak's picture

602-630 Doncaster Road approved by VCAT

Mark Baljak's picture

Imperial

display nearly complete for 812 elgar road - think it's still this

Pages

Development & Planning

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 12:00
The swirl of development activity in Footscray has found another gear as new projects are submitted for approval, or are on the verge of beginning construction. Two separate planning applications have been advertised by Maribyrnong City Council; their subsequent addition to the Urban Melbourne Project Database has seen the overall number of apartment developments within Footscray in development swell to 40.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Monday, November 20, 2017 - 12:00
The marriage of old and new can be a difficult process, particularly when the existing structure has intrinsic heritage value. In previous times Fitzroy's 237 Napier Street served as the home of furniture manufacturer C.F. Rojo and Sons. Taking root during 1887, Christobel Rojo oversaw operations though over time the site would become home to furniture manufacturer Thonet.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 07:00
The former site of John Batman's home, Batman's Hill is entering the final stages of its redevelopment. Collins Square's final tower has begun its skyward ascent, as has Lendlease's Melbourne Quarter Commercial and Residential precinct already. Melbourne Quarter's first stage is at construction and involves a new 12-storey home for consultancy firm Arup along with a skypark.

Transport & Design

Friday, December 15, 2017 - 11:00
Infrastructure Victoria unveiled a new round of research into its larger programme of work dealing with managing transport demand. The authority contracted Arup and KPMG to produce the Melbourne Activity Based Model (MABM) and while it is new, it is considered fit for purpose in the strategic context.

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 12:00
Cbus Property's office development for Medibank at 720 Bourke Street in Docklands recently became the first Australian existing property to receive a WELL Certification, Gold Shell and Core rating. The WELL rating goes beyond sustainable building features with a greater focus on the health and well-being of a building's occupants.