Advertisement
172 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

FOOTSCRAY + MARIBYRNONG | 3011 +3032 | Projects

Alastair Taylor's picture

Bound to be many-a-project inhabit this thread - Footscray's projects. Follow the links to the project's page for the respective stats

No. 18 Albert

10 Moreland Street

Saltriver Place

Jade

McNab Avenue - 72 Napier Street

90-92 Buckley Street

Mark Baljak's picture

Irving St, Footscray

Linked 90-92 Buckley, Jade and McNab to the forum threads and linked back to project DB.

Mark Baljak's picture

Plus Architecture concept for Binks Ford site - a fair indication of what can be expected at some point

Chris Peska's picture

^^ Interesting

Observe. Design. Build. Live.

Mark Baljak's picture

Footscray Plaza

McNab Avenue

Mark Baljak's picture

another biggin submitted by Urban Renewal Authority Victoria

http://dsewebapps.dse.vic.gov.au/DSE/Planning/PHBPPAT.nsf/InternetAppLis...

Land Address 4 Hopkins Street and 1 - 3 Neilson Place Footscray 3011
Description of Proposal Construction of multi storey buildings for mixed use including retail and 795 apartments
Date Received 26/03/2013

Chris Peska's picture

This is going to be a landmark development I think. I heard about it a couple of years back. It is the old LeMans Toyota site and the government went pretty hard for this site as I assume they saw it as the plum site within the Joseph Street Precinct. It is on a bit of a hill there as well looking east towards the city. Looking forward to the renders.

Observe. Design. Build. Live.

Dangerous Beans's picture

A key development on a key site for Footscrays future. There is so much potential in Footscray, I hope to see it fully realised.

Ryan Seychell's picture

McNab Avenue:

Mark Baljak's picture

62 wests rd

Image - interlandi mantesso

demolition

state trustees with carpark screens - pfft!

Edge-Waterview Maribyrnong

Boulevard
once in a while i manage a good one

Martin Mankowski's picture

Heard a rumour that Jade Apartments have fallen through. Just took a walk there and noticed that the sales office has closed and been replaced by the obligatory beauty salon, so looks like it could be true. Can anyone confirm? Would be a shame as it looked pretty decent.

Mark Baljak's picture

can't say with certainty, website still pumping - http://www.jadeapartments.com.au/

i thought the site was vacant? if the display is offsite and due to close, the space will be leased out again

>>further to previous post on 4 Hopkins Street and 1 - 3 Neilson Place above

Places Victoria in sale hope
May 11, 2013

Troubled developer Places Victoria will be hoping a pending development application can help stem the multimillion-dollar loss it faces on a forthcoming land sale in Footscray.
The government-backed entity has listed the 1.3-hectare site on Hopkins Street with an asking price of at least $18 million after acquiring it for $21 million about two years ago. The price does not include $1.27 million in stamp duty.
The property has been put to market before Places Victoria's proposal to build a 795-unit, high-rise complex has been vetted by Planning Minister Matthew Guy.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/property/places-victoria-in-sale-hope-...

>> anyway article coming this thursday for another cracking proposal in the joseph street precinct

>>can't say with certainty, website still pumping - http://www.jadeapartments.com.au/

Yeah but if you click on register your interest, it goes nowhere. Maybe all the apartments have been sold, hence the site office closure...? :)

>>i thought the site was vacant? if the display is offsite and due to close, the space will be leased out again

Its currently a car park, and a (empty) restaurant. The sales office was a seperate tiny building in the corner of the car park, now the beauty salon. And the restaurant is up for lease again, so all in all, I'd say its all fallen through. Oh well, when Franco Cozzo goes, they can try again on his site!

>>Troubled developer Places Victoria will be hoping a pending development application can help stem the multimillion-dollar >>loss it faces on a forthcoming land sale in Footscray.
>>The government-backed entity has listed the 1.3-hectare site on Hopkins Street with an asking price of at least $18 million >>after acquiring it for $21 million about two years ago. The price does not include $1.27 million in stamp duty.
>>The property has been put to market before Places Victoria's proposal to build a 795-unit, high-rise complex has been >>vetted by Planning Minister Matthew Guy.

Yeah they'll struggle to get a good price for it given that the block next door at 2 Hopkins St is now going to be developed. At 26 levels it will steal most of the city views and has the advantage of river views as well.

"PLANS for a landmark, mixed-use village on a Footscray paddock most passers-by would think is a riverside escarpment are being reviewed by Planning Minister Matthew Guy.
The proposal, estimated to cost more than $200 million, seeks to replace a triangular site at 2 Hopkins Street, abutting the Maribyrnong River and Hopetoun Bridge, with a 1300 square metre shopping centre, a central open place plaza and four apartment complexes ranging in height from five to 26-levels.
As many as 744 flats and 759 car parks make up the riverside proposal at the north-east corner of Maribyrnong Street, near the Kensington suburb border."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/property/footscray-looking-up-down-by-the...

>> anyway article coming this thursday for another cracking proposal in the joseph street precinct

Cool! Any hints as to what it is...?

Melbman's picture

Would be a shame to see the Jade apartments not get up, but with the amount of proposals on offer around the city it wouldn't be unexpected.

Footscray, and other CADs, will really come into their own in the future.

The main risk though in the medium term are areas like E-gate and Fisherman's Bend, with the amount of housing stock which will become available, which in most cases are closer to the city. The main benefit of Footscray though is that it has substantial amounts of infrastructure and transport already to work from. The downside is that the area has a stigma, as do a number of the CADs. Overcoming that will take time to really generate interest and bring bigger rewards for developers.

Mark Baljak's picture

AHeadOnTheDoor - that article will have to wait for another day, got another one tomorrow

here's another in the area, places victoria le mans proposal - site up for sale

johnproctor's picture

I was in Footscray last night and was very impressed with the progress on the State Trustees Building... was very imposing from a number of different angles.

anyone want to explain to me like I'm a two year old how to post an image?

all I know is the easy way from SSC [img] insert web address here [img]

yep, it's exactly the same as SSC

Peter Maltezos's picture

Hi John,

Where it says text format, choose Filtered HTML

Once you are in that format, look at the top bar that says Source and follow it to the right until you see a framed house (image), next to Flash.

Click on that image and once you have that up, insert your JPG in the URL section, then click OK.

That should do it. 

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

Peter: JP wont see Filtered HTML, only people with article access (such as yourself) do.

"BBCode" is the filter which has all the functionality you get from a standard Vbulletin board (SSC) - i.e [img ] URL.to.your.image.jpg [ /img]. For normal registered users it's selected by default.

Cheers

Mark Baljak's picture

state trustees

18 albert - great views

You beat me to it Mark - was about to put up some pics of these!

The Footscray Plaza development is going great guns - looking at it it seems it will be finished by the original completion date of the end of the year quite easily.

Unfortunately, despite previous promises to the contrary that they will remain open throughout, Coles and Kmart are now closing as of next month and not scheduled to re-open till July 2014! So Footscray will have no major supermarket for over a year. Doh!

Grollo are making good progress on the State trustees building too. The whole McNab Ave precinct is meant to have 3 towers all up - anyone know when the others are due to go up?

Mark Baljak's picture

put them up regardless

state trustees up first, followed by residential towers

Andrew Mck's picture

Its a big piss off that Coles are closing for a year, i only found out the other day from anouther shop in the plaza, Coles havent put up any signes to give people a heads up on their comming closure..

Its a big piss off that Coles are closing for a year, i only found out the other day from anouther shop in the plaza, Coles havent put up any signes to give people a heads up on their comming closure..

Tell me about it. Worse still, the old Forges site across the road is still vacant, and not scheduled for development until the plaza development is finished. Given its also owned by Banco, surely Coles could have used this as a 'temporary' supermarket site? As it is now, the closest major supermarket is Woolworths in Flemington. Surely they will now lose customers to their rival?

Speaking of Footscray Plaza, Banco have authorised us and provided more content for their project page: http://urbanmelbourne.info/projects/maribyrnong/no-18-albert-18-albert-s... original stage of 130 apartments sold out, 100 in 2nd stage - now for sale.

http://18albert.com/

Pages

Development & Planning

Friday, January 20, 2017 - 00:00
A rush of planning applications either side of the festive break are cumulatively seeking to add to South Melbourne's robust development scene, with four major apartment projects lodged. City of Port Phillip will now assess the respective merits of the fresh applications, along with a handful of other noteworthy towers already at planning that when combined, would provide the popular suburb with thousands of new apartments.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 00:00
On 2 January 2017, it was reported that several popular eateries and bars in Footscray had been vandalised, including the perennially successful 8 Bit Burgers on Droop Street, and Up In Smoke on Hopkins Street. 8 Bit had the warm new year's welcome gift of 14 smashed windows and the words “F**k off hipster scum” spray-painted on their entrance.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 17:00
Melbourne’s architectural landscape is a wonderful juxtaposition of modern and Victorian architecture. Although the CBD has been peppered with many skyscrapers, its historical structures have won Melbourne the title of “Australia’s most European city”.

Transport & Design

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 12:00
Timber mid-rise buildings are becoming the preferred choice for many stakeholders in Melbourne, due to a combination of factors, including cost-effectiveness, liveability, ease and efficiency of construction. Within the recent National Construction Code change, Deemed-To-Satisfy provisions allow mid-rise timber construction for buildings up to 25 metres “effective height” (typically, eight storeys).