Last post

SOUTH YARRA | 627 Chapel Street | 42L | 140m | Residential

Riddlz's picture

Try this instead of dumping it in the South Yarra Thread

Elenberg Fraser Design

http://www.stonnington.vic.gov.au/Development/Planning/Advertised-Material

Riddlz's picture

Dean's picture

That last image Ridz... Very nice indeed.

3000's picture

EF are starting to experiment with the vertical garden idea, hopefully they can put it to good use and improve their abysmal street level designs (which it looks like they have in this instance)

Michael Berquez's picture

Looks really really good

Qantas743's picture

Love the ground level street activation.

The building itself? Not so sure... A bit too Gold Coastish for my liking.

Mark Baljak's picture

Looks like an excellent outcome

Alastair Taylor's picture

Is that an ode to/replica of Adelaide's Mall's Balls I see in the first, second and fourth render?

Andrew's picture

Yep, must have stolen them from Rundle Mall.

Riddlz's picture
Michael Berquez's picture

Think LK might have a bit to do with the refusal lol

Mark Baljak's picture

I find their register says refusal a little to often, even when projects are approved or at sales...not a very user friendly platform

I'd say this proposal will pull through in the end

Mark Baljak's picture

Listed as at appeal

Development & Planning

Monday, January 23, 2017 - 00:00
Prominent builder Hickory Group has added a third Melbourne project that will utilise the Hickory Building System (HBS). A proponent of prefabricated construction methods, Hickory Group's latest HBS-driven project will be Brisbane outfit Blue Sky Funds' 42-50 La Trobe Street.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 00:00
On 2 January 2017, it was reported that several popular eateries and bars in Footscray had been vandalised, including the perennially successful 8 Bit Burgers on Droop Street, and Up In Smoke on Hopkins Street. 8 Bit had the warm new year's welcome gift of 14 smashed windows and the words “F**k off hipster scum” spray-painted on their entrance.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 17:00
Melbourne’s architectural landscape is a wonderful juxtaposition of modern and Victorian architecture. Although the CBD has been peppered with many skyscrapers, its historical structures have won Melbourne the title of “Australia’s most European city”.

Transport & Design

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 12:00
Timber mid-rise buildings are becoming the preferred choice for many stakeholders in Melbourne, due to a combination of factors, including cost-effectiveness, liveability, ease and efficiency of construction. Within the recent National Construction Code change, Deemed-To-Satisfy provisions allow mid-rise timber construction for buildings up to 25 metres “effective height” (typically, eight storeys).