Advertisement
138 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

SOUTHBANK | 105 Clarendon Street | Shadow Play Apartments | 47L |151m

Ryan Seychell's picture

Just stumbled across this, looks like it's already at sales.

52 levels, 546 apartments. Elenberg Fraser the Architect. Developed by BPM.

Not sure on height, render suggests over 200m, at 52 levels, probably closer to 150m.

Adrian's picture

Nice !!

This is exactly the sort of minimum design standard for mid rises in the 120-170m range that companies like Central Equity should be forced to adhere to rather than the prefab rubbish they get away with building.

Mark Baljak's picture

level count in excess of 60?

Ryan Seychell's picture

Just noticed that, from what I read, it said 52 level tower.

Adrian's picture

Exactly 60 levels I count .. So 180m or so

Riddlz's picture

Phoar! Now that is a good looking tower

Ins't this the same site as this tower at 308 City road? (https://urban.melbourne/projects/southbank/king-tower-308-city-road-sout...)

Re-design I presume?

Qantas743's picture

Sales? Hasn't even been approved!

Ryan Seychell's picture

Could have been approved by Matthew Guy last year? Would have only been an amendment to the original plan so there wouldn't have been an announcement.

Qantas743's picture

Fair point.

Adrian's picture

The name of the building is a bit of a cheeky gamble given the councils opinion on such things :-)

Nevertheless even if it's not yet approved I think this one will be alright ..

Andrew's picture

Looking good. BPM are a solid developer, lots of their suburban apartment projects are being built in my neck of the woods (Carnegie/South East), good designs and solid floor plans.

This looks spectacular.

Melbman's picture

Great looking design but the name certainly is a bit.. strange :lol:

I guess it's hard coming up for names for all these buildings these days.

3000's picture

Get this one up ASAP

Andrew's picture

Mark Baljak wrote on Mon, 16/02/2015 - 15:13

level count in excess of 60?

I counted 61. Even though that corner looks continuous for the entire length of the tower I think the podium is hiding another level from that main render behind it, which you can see on the left a little. It has to be set back from the street front right?

9 level podium x 3.5m = 31.5m
52 level tower x 3m = 156m
= ~187m - 192m (if podium is 4 meters per level or just general wiggle room)

Mark Baljak's picture

sounds about on the money, and yeah was previously 308 City Rd at 42L by EF

Adrian's picture

Yeah I'm including that obscured level above the podium but still getting exactly 60 levels.

Either way would be a great outcome for that site and that corner which is a major one and right next to the freeway as well will look great driving past ..

Riddlz's picture

3000's picture

This is one good looking tower.

Peter Maltezos's picture

yessmileyyesheartcool

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

32 Blocks's picture

Let's pray that this isn't sold on to another developer who chucks it all in and delivers a mediocre project. This is happening way too often at the moment. All in all this is a great looking tower :)

Discover Melbourne’s Past, Present and Future at 32blocks.org

Ryan Seychell's picture

Display suite in the works:

Ryan Seychell's picture

Display suite is now open, complete with model

Crz's picture

This would have fit perfectly into Crown's portfolio.

However, this is a GREAT addition to the City road landscape.

Very pleased. Let's hope the glass they use are of high quality like prima pearl.

3000's picture

Let's hope this one gets moving fast. This is something I'm looking forward to seeing.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Construction should commence late this year I believe

Ryan Seychell's picture

46 levels (excluding LMR) and 146.1m (not sure if this includes LMR or not, probably not)

Pages

Development & Planning

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 00:00
City of Port Phillip will this week indicate that it has sufficient reason to object to two pending projects in Port Melbourne. 17 Rocklea Drive and 365-391 Plummer Street are both within the Wirraway Precinct of Fishermans Bend, and both projects are under the authority of the Minister for Planning.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Monday, November 20, 2017 - 12:00
The marriage of old and new can be a difficult process, particularly when the existing structure has intrinsic heritage value. In previous times Fitzroy's 237 Napier Street served as the home of furniture manufacturer C.F. Rojo and Sons. Taking root during 1887, Christobel Rojo oversaw operations though over time the site would become home to furniture manufacturer Thonet.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 07:00
The former site of John Batman's home, Batman's Hill is entering the final stages of its redevelopment. Collins Square's final tower has begun its skyward ascent, as has Lendlease's Melbourne Quarter Commercial and Residential precinct already. Melbourne Quarter's first stage is at construction and involves a new 12-storey home for consultancy firm Arup along with a skypark.

Transport & Design

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 12:00
When a site spans 19,280 square metres, it becomes a 'district'. That's the case according to the development team behind the Jam Factory's pending overhaul. Reporting on the project to date has focused on the close to 60,000 square metres of new commercial space that is earmarked for the site, but more importantly from a layperson's perspective is the extensive new public realm that is planned as part of the development.

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 12:00
Cbus Property's office development for Medibank at 720 Bourke Street in Docklands recently became the first Australian existing property to receive a WELL Certification, Gold Shell and Core rating. The WELL rating goes beyond sustainable building features with a greater focus on the health and well-being of a building's occupants.