Advertisement
88 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

SOUTHBANK | 105 Clarendon Street | Shadow Play Apartments | 55L | ~175m

Ryan Seychell's picture

Just stumbled across this, looks like it's already at sales.

52 levels, 546 apartments. Elenberg Fraser the Architect. Developed by BPM.

Not sure on height, render suggests over 200m, at 52 levels, probably closer to 150m.

Adrian's picture

Nice !!

This is exactly the sort of minimum design standard for mid rises in the 120-170m range that companies like Central Equity should be forced to adhere to rather than the prefab rubbish they get away with building.

Mark Baljak's picture

level count in excess of 60?

Ryan Seychell's picture

Just noticed that, from what I read, it said 52 level tower.

Adrian's picture

Exactly 60 levels I count .. So 180m or so

Riddlz's picture

Phoar! Now that is a good looking tower

Ins't this the same site as this tower at 308 City road? (https://urban.melbourne/projects/southbank/king-tower-308-city-road-sout...)

Re-design I presume?

Qantas743's picture

Sales? Hasn't even been approved!

Ryan Seychell's picture

Could have been approved by Matthew Guy last year? Would have only been an amendment to the original plan so there wouldn't have been an announcement.

Qantas743's picture

Fair point.

Adrian's picture

The name of the building is a bit of a cheeky gamble given the councils opinion on such things :-)

Nevertheless even if it's not yet approved I think this one will be alright ..

Andrew's picture

Looking good. BPM are a solid developer, lots of their suburban apartment projects are being built in my neck of the woods (Carnegie/South East), good designs and solid floor plans.

This looks spectacular.

Melbman's picture

Great looking design but the name certainly is a bit.. strange :lol:

I guess it's hard coming up for names for all these buildings these days.

3000's picture

Get this one up ASAP

Andrew's picture

Mark Baljak wrote on Mon, 16/02/2015 - 15:13

level count in excess of 60?

I counted 61. Even though that corner looks continuous for the entire length of the tower I think the podium is hiding another level from that main render behind it, which you can see on the left a little. It has to be set back from the street front right?

9 level podium x 3.5m = 31.5m
52 level tower x 3m = 156m
= ~187m - 192m (if podium is 4 meters per level or just general wiggle room)

Mark Baljak's picture

sounds about on the money, and yeah was previously 308 City Rd at 42L by EF

Adrian's picture

Yeah I'm including that obscured level above the podium but still getting exactly 60 levels.

Either way would be a great outcome for that site and that corner which is a major one and right next to the freeway as well will look great driving past ..

Riddlz's picture

3000's picture

This is one good looking tower.

Peter Maltezos's picture

yessmileyyesheartcool

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

Sydney Struwig's picture

Let's pray that this isn't sold on to another developer who chucks it all in and delivers a mediocre project. This is happening way too often at the moment. All in all this is a great looking tower :)

Connecting ideas, places and people. #ohyesmelbourne

Ryan Seychell's picture

Display suite in the works:

Ryan Seychell's picture

Display suite is now open, complete with model

Crz's picture

This would have fit perfectly into Crown's portfolio.

However, this is a GREAT addition to the City road landscape.

Very pleased. Let's hope the glass they use are of high quality like prima pearl.

3000's picture

Let's hope this one gets moving fast. This is something I'm looking forward to seeing.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Construction should commence late this year I believe

Ryan Seychell's picture

46 levels (excluding LMR) and 146.1m (not sure if this includes LMR or not, probably not)

Pages

Development & Planning

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 06:00
Planning Minister Richard Wynne has approved another commercial tower at Lendlease's Melbourne Quarter development in the Docklands. The building known as Melbourne Quarter Tower will be located at 693 Collins Street, injecting almost 55,000sqm of office space into the precinct across its 28 floors, in addition to approximately 2,500sqm of retail space.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Thursday, March 9, 2017 - 12:00
As part of the enabling stage of the Queen Victoria Market Renewal Project, the City of Melbourne has finally revealed their plans for the former Munro site, to be developed by PDG Corporation into a mixed-use development comprising a 58-storey Bates Smart designed-tower of 308 dwellings and a 300-room hotel, after the developer was awarded the rights to develop the site on CoM's behalf.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 07:00
Once again Melbourne has turned it on for the spectacular cultural juggernaut that is White Night. A crowd of around 600,000 took part in the all night festival of projections, performances, artworks and installations. Stealing the show again this year was the extraordinary projections upon the Royal Exhibition Building.

Transport & Design

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 12:00
The large-scale redevelopment of Richmond's former Jaques engineering complex has been marked by an number of onsite dedications. Dating back to 1885 and with frontages to Palmer, Coppin, Dyer and Griffiths Streets, the 9,945sqm site's engineering heritage has been permanently embossed across the site.

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 13:00
Victoria Walks, a walking promotion charity supported by VicHeath, is leading a crowdsourcing initiative that is supported by the State Government and 14 councils. The campaign aims to collect and analyse opinions on walking right across the Melbourne metropolitan area. The authorities are asking people to indicate their walking safety concerns through an interactive online map on CrowdSpot's platform.