level 70

renders

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ Nice, has a retro feel to it. smiley

Would be a great addition to the area. yes

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

MelbourneGuy's picture

Thank god no set backs. I want to enjoy a building in its entirety.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Going to be an amazing block

Dean's picture

One of the best looking proposals in a long time.

Qantas743's picture

Let's not forget we still have whatever's proposed for Hanover House to look forward to!

Andrew's picture

I love that blade edge on that curve. Fantastic design and use of land.

Laurence Dragomir's picture

Prepare for image overload!

Nicholas Harrison's picture

Epic!

No Falls Tower? The Falls site is still listed for sale so maybe Schiavello will buy it to add to the Queensbridge tower site, maybe take it up to 300m as well hehe.

Andrew's picture
3000's picture

Poor Prima :(

Qantas743's picture

Wow! This is the last thing I'd have expected him to approve!

Credit where credit is due.

Adrian's picture

Seems Wynne has been so far good to his word about approving high standards of architectural design .. of all the towers currently proposed in Melbourne this one I think is my favourite for being truly out of our ordinary. Looks like something that belongs from somewhere else and for that I love it.

So happy !!!

Ryan Seychell's picture

I honestly didn't think he'd approve this one either, mainly for the reason that it had been sitting there for so long. Hopefully sales isn't far off! Exciting times.

3000's picture

I think this minister may be a keeper

Wian's picture

Someone on skyscraper city said this is actually about 281 m to the very top as it has the lift over run box on top of the 273m roof similar to Pearl Tower's setup. Can anyone please confirm?

cheers

Wian's picture

Exactly - the residents wont be too happy , especially those facing south east :)

Dean's picture

LOL @ all the sooks who thought the new minister would do nothing except decline everything. It's been anything but that.

The title should be changed to a height of 280.3m to the top LMR

urbanfanatic's picture

Im so excited about this one!

Qantas743's picture

I wouldn't go that far. There' still lots pending in the pipeline, plus it remains to be seen how far he'll go in terms of minimum standards - anything too stringent and it could cripple development.

On another point, approval of this bodes well for Crown given The Age and several NIMBYs in Pearl were worried about overshadowing of the Shrine - this is arguably closer to the Shrine than Crown would be.

Michael Berquez's picture

Well so far, I have been pretty happy with his approvals and refusals. Wynne at least seems like he has a bit of taste when it comes to skyscraper design.

Melbman's picture

He sees to have done a decent job so far overall, especially on this design, but there are still some question marks in my eyes over Grocon's Spring street development rejection.

Anything related to Grocon and the CFMEU is not something I feel comfortable with Labor making unbiased decisions on to be honest. Wouldn't feel too confident in Grocon putting much forward in Melbourne for a while.

Qantas743's picture

I'm told Tee is no longer Wynne's CoS.

Alastair Taylor's picture

According to his linkedin profile, Peter Keogh has been Richard Wynne's CoS since January: https://au.linkedin.com/pub/peter-keogh/44/6a1/793

Dean's picture

Could some change the title back to 280m

Adrian's picture

May not want to hold our breath on this one - the planning permit has a list of conditions a mile long including a requirement to get written approval to penetrate OLS or else reduce the height below it.

http://dsewebapps.dse.vic.gov.au/dse/planning/phbppat.nsf/0/243CCF8B08AD595BCA257D470021905F/$file/Signed%20permit%2025.3.15.pdf

Why bother issuing a permit with such a large set of conditions that will require re-submission & re-approval anyway ?

Pages

Development & Planning

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 06:00
Planning Minister Richard Wynne has approved another commercial tower at Lendlease's Melbourne Quarter development in the Docklands. The building known as Melbourne Quarter Tower will be located at 693 Collins Street, injecting almost 55,000sqm of office space into the precinct across its 28 floors, in addition to approximately 2,500sqm of retail space.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Thursday, March 9, 2017 - 12:00
As part of the enabling stage of the Queen Victoria Market Renewal Project, the City of Melbourne has finally revealed their plans for the former Munro site, to be developed by PDG Corporation into a mixed-use development comprising a 58-storey Bates Smart designed-tower of 308 dwellings and a 300-room hotel, after the developer was awarded the rights to develop the site on CoM's behalf.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 07:00
Once again Melbourne has turned it on for the spectacular cultural juggernaut that is White Night. A crowd of around 600,000 took part in the all night festival of projections, performances, artworks and installations. Stealing the show again this year was the extraordinary projections upon the Royal Exhibition Building.

Transport & Design

Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 12:00
The large-scale redevelopment of Richmond's former Jaques engineering complex has been marked by an number of onsite dedications. Dating back to 1885 and with frontages to Palmer, Coppin, Dyer and Griffiths Streets, the 9,945sqm site's engineering heritage has been permanently embossed across the site.

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 13:00
Victoria Walks, a walking promotion charity supported by VicHeath, is leading a crowdsourcing initiative that is supported by the State Government and 14 councils. The campaign aims to collect and analyse opinions on walking right across the Melbourne metropolitan area. The authorities are asking people to indicate their walking safety concerns through an interactive online map on CrowdSpot's platform.