Advertisement
323 posts in this thread / 0 new
Last post

Pages

SOUTHBANK | Queensbridge Tower | 1-23 Queensbridge Street | 308m | 80L | Residential

Melburn21's picture

Peter Maltezos's picture

Love the curves! cheeky

Dare I say it, if built, would probably look better than Prima/Pearl (one of its neighbours).

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

Ryan Seychell's picture

New application has been submitted for this with Schiavello apparently purchasing 17-23 Queensbridge Street - previously owned by Australand at some stage for Freshwater Place.
I have a feeling the design will have changed, with the application mentioning Disengo which is the architect of PDG, opposed to Bates Smart who have designed this tower. Disegno also designed Prima. I reckon with a bigger site, it could possibly be taller than the previous proposal too.

http://dsewebapps.dse.vic.gov.au/dse/planning/phbppat.nsf/InternetAppLis...

Paul_D's picture

So is 23 Queensbridge "The Falls" or do I have the wrong spot? A combo on two with potential bigger setbacks would be ideal, and especially if even taller. I am a fan of the Bates Smart proposal though

Ryan Seychell's picture

It's the building in between this site and the Falls site.

Paul_D's picture

Wow thanks just looking on Google Maps, QB incorporating a footprint all the way up to and including 23 Queensbridge is enormous. It's virtually the size of Eureka or Freshwater (including all it's base). Potentially something very exciting coming our way even though I love the current design :)

Nicholas Harrison's picture

I think it is more likely that it will be shorter as they will be able to have larger floorplates. Hopefully I am proven wrong :-)

Andrew Mck's picture

Thats a horrid thought, i'll be pleased too if you're ''proven wrong''

Ryan Seychell's picture

Looks like you might be proven wrong: "Australia's 2nd tallest building"...interesting.

AFR:
Australia’s second-tallest building bulks up in new plan
Schiavello and PDG look to expand Southbank development with new $350 million dollar plan which will include 604 apartments, 408 hotel rooms and 20 serviced apartments.

Mark Baljak's picture

Snippets from AFR

Australia’s second-tallest building bulks up in new plan

Rebecca Thistleton

>Plans for one of Australia’s tallest buildings have been bulked up, with Schiavello and PDG now planning several towers and a hotel under a fresh, $350 million plan for their site in ­Melbourne’s Southbank.

>New plans, which include 604 apartments, 408 hotel rooms, 20 serviced apartments and 630 car spaces, include a ‘number of towers’.

>The main tower’s height has not changed from the approved 71 storeys. It will be Australia’s second-tallest building to roof height once finished.

>The project partners declined to comment on the amended plans, which have been designed by architectural firm Bates Smart and Disengo.

Wow multiple towers

Chris Peska's picture

Wow great news. That disproves Nicks theory then :-) wonder if they have adjusted the scheme and moved the tallest tower a bit further south to appease the South bank residents group (aka the West facing Freshwater Place residents group)? Looking forward to seeing the renders!!

Observe. Design. Build. Live.

Ryan Seychell's picture

Glad the Bates Smart tower is staying, guessing this will be next off the block once Prima/Abode get closer to finishing up.

I don't think it would be physically possible to get more than two towers on the site.

They had to move it 2 metres further from FWP as a condition of the planning permit.

Peter Maltezos's picture

WOW! surprise

Eager to see some new renderings.

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

Mark Baljak's picture

they won't be too far away

They should have bought the falls site as well and build two massive twin towers :-)

Andrew Mck's picture

I cant wait for the new renders, its going to be a great night when i get my 1st glimps..

Mark Baljak's picture

still one tower, but it's a biggin!

Paul_D's picture

You can't do that to us!!! I'm on the edge of my seat

Mark Baljak's picture

ahhh yes ryan scored the planning application

Dean's picture

So it's now 100 levels and 350m??? lol

Michael Berquez's picture

I'm kinda beside myself now.....

Ryan Seychell's picture

Still the same height. Article coming soon.

Mark Baljak's picture

Images © Bates Smart

quote - "the schiavello showroom will be one of the world's most exciting furniture enviornments"
open mezzanine design might just be special
ground level

Chris Peska's picture

Must be one of the most interestingly shaped floor plates going around. Looks great.

Observe. Design. Build. Live.

Andrew Mck's picture

Walking along the Crown promenade will be amazing with this towering beauty looming overhead.
The new design reminds me of Lakeside in Chicago, beautiful..

Pages

Development & Planning

Friday, December 9, 2016 - 08:00
Ballarat's station precinct is set to be transformed, following last week's announcement that the Pellicano Group has been awarded the rights to develop a new conference centre and hotel facility.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 09:00
The New Urban Agenda was officially adopted in Quito, Ecuador in the last plenary of the Habitat III conference. The agenda provides a 20-year “roadmap” to guide sustainable urban development globally. The text of the New Urban Agenda itself was agreed well before Habitat III at the UN General Assembly in September, during an extraordinary informal negotiation session that lasted for more than 30 hours.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 17:00
Melbourne’s architectural landscape is a wonderful juxtaposition of modern and Victorian architecture. Although the CBD has been peppered with many skyscrapers, its historical structures have won Melbourne the title of “Australia’s most European city”.

Transport & Design

Thursday, December 8, 2016 - 12:00
Melbourne’s tram network may hold the key to providing the dense network of high frequency rapid transport that would provide world class connectivity in the inner-city and CBD. Melbourne and New York are very different cities. Drawing too close a parallel between any two cities can be a folly; however New York and Melbourne share some near similarities where it counts.

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 12:00
Timber mid-rise buildings are becoming the preferred choice for many stakeholders in Melbourne, due to a combination of factors, including cost-effectiveness, liveability, ease and efficiency of construction. Within the recent National Construction Code change, Deemed-To-Satisfy provisions allow mid-rise timber construction for buildings up to 25 metres “effective height” (typically, eight storeys).