Mark Baljak's picture

Worthy of its own thread. Images courtesy Rothelowman

site

current

photomontage

materials

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ Nice, but I would have added a bit more colour. smiley

Must add that the overall heights and shapes are excellent, especially the tall building anchoring the corner. yes

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

Bilby's picture

Looks quite retro! (in a 1960s way).

Andrew's picture

Lookin' good. It'd be nice if the council started planning to pedestrianise some of these streets now that they are no longer only warehouses, remove some of the street parking bays and replace them with planters or median strips with plants. Hell, you could even close one side of the street and make it a wide footpath.

Mark Baljak's picture

Approved

Trenerry Property Group website

Program: Permit has been obtained.
Construction commencement in 2017 and completion 2019/2020
valued at in-excess of $300 Million
Total Area: Approx 80000 square meters
Specialty Retail: 14 shops and Medical centre
Supermarket: Full Line Aldi Supermarket
Hotel NSA: 4 star Adina Hotel - 93 serviced
Apartments: Approximately 400 apartments
Private Residential
Gardens: Approx 2000 sqm of private resident gardens
including 25 meter lap pool and BBQ facilities
Public Realm
(Retail etc): Approx 1500 sqm of public open space
including a new public park to be vested with the
Melbourne City Council and new public arcade/lane
Carparks: Over 500 car parks

gs.rusty's picture

What a fun looking development. I'll be very interested to see how the final palette of materials actually looks, and to what standard the construction detailing achieves.

Do we have access to the ground floor plans and the interaction of the ground units with the internal and external streets and public/private gardens and parks?

Mark Baljak's picture

Not at the moment, we should be able to get plans/internals in the new year. Should go to sales around that point I hear

Mark Baljak's picture

Looks pretty good - and the right size overall as well

Development & Planning

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 12:00
First covered on Urban Melbourne just a tick over 3 years ago, Golden Age Group's Victoria One has achieved a significant milestone with head contractor Probuild topping out the core at a height of 271m AHD and in the process claiming the title of the tallest structure in the Melbourne CBD.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 - 12:00
Two important stories which traverse both transport and housing topic areas were highlighted on Urban Melbourne this week. The news that the medium and high-density components of Williams Landing will ramp up highlight what some might gloss over but what I think is the correct 'order' of doing things: the rail station is built first, developers then piggyback off the new infrastructure second.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 07:00
Once again Melbourne has turned it on for the spectacular cultural juggernaut that is White Night. A crowd of around 600,000 took part in the all night festival of projections, performances, artworks and installations. Stealing the show again this year was the extraordinary projections upon the Royal Exhibition Building.

Sustainability & Environment

Thursday, June 1, 2017 - 12:00
Two of City of Melbourne's key urban design initiatives are in the starters gates, with Lord Major Robert Doyle yesterday providing further information on the pair. As of next month, the long-awaited upgrade to the southern end of Elizabeth Street will begin.