Mark Baljak's picture

Worthy of its own thread. Images courtesy Rothelowman

site

current

photomontage

materials

Peter Maltezos's picture

^^ Nice, but I would have added a bit more colour. smiley

Must add that the overall heights and shapes are excellent, especially the tall building anchoring the corner. yes

I collect, therefore I am.
thecollectormm.com.au

Bilby's picture

Looks quite retro! (in a 1960s way).

Andrew's picture

Lookin' good. It'd be nice if the council started planning to pedestrianise some of these streets now that they are no longer only warehouses, remove some of the street parking bays and replace them with planters or median strips with plants. Hell, you could even close one side of the street and make it a wide footpath.

Mark Baljak's picture

Approved

Trenerry Property Group website

Program: Permit has been obtained.
Construction commencement in 2017 and completion 2019/2020
valued at in-excess of $300 Million
Total Area: Approx 80000 square meters
Specialty Retail: 14 shops and Medical centre
Supermarket: Full Line Aldi Supermarket
Hotel NSA: 4 star Adina Hotel - 93 serviced
Apartments: Approximately 400 apartments
Private Residential
Gardens: Approx 2000 sqm of private resident gardens
including 25 meter lap pool and BBQ facilities
Public Realm
(Retail etc): Approx 1500 sqm of public open space
including a new public park to be vested with the
Melbourne City Council and new public arcade/lane
Carparks: Over 500 car parks

gs.rusty's picture

What a fun looking development. I'll be very interested to see how the final palette of materials actually looks, and to what standard the construction detailing achieves.

Do we have access to the ground floor plans and the interaction of the ground units with the internal and external streets and public/private gardens and parks?

Mark Baljak's picture

Not at the moment, we should be able to get plans/internals in the new year. Should go to sales around that point I hear

Mark Baljak's picture

Looks pretty good - and the right size overall as well

Development & Planning

Friday, April 28, 2017 - 07:00
After years of stagnation in the Geelong hotel sector, Victoria's second city will soon welcome a new hotel as Franzé Developments unveils its intentions to turn a Geelong CBD site into new short stay accommodation. Acquired for $7 million and spanning 2,700sqm, the site located at 44 Ryrie Street was purchased off market.

Policy, Culture & Opinion

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 12:00
In January a review by former police commissioner Neil Comrie found that the Melbourne Youth Justice Centre (MYJC) in Parkville was no longer fit for purpose. The facility which first opened at the site in 1955 has now reached the end of its useful life as a juvenile detention centre.

Advertisement

Visual Melbourne

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 07:00
Once again Melbourne has turned it on for the spectacular cultural juggernaut that is White Night. A crowd of around 600,000 took part in the all night festival of projections, performances, artworks and installations. Stealing the show again this year was the extraordinary projections upon the Royal Exhibition Building.

Transport & Design

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 12:00
Comment The clock keeps ticking. And it's not going away anytime soon. I'm of course talking about land transport to and from Melbourne Airport, or more to the point our over-reliance on the road network to transport both passengers and employees to and from the airport terminals and the many businesses located nearby.

Sustainability & Environment

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 13:00
Victoria Walks, a walking promotion charity supported by VicHeath, is leading a crowdsourcing initiative that is supported by the State Government and 14 councils. The campaign aims to collect and analyse opinions on walking right across the Melbourne metropolitan area. The authorities are asking people to indicate their walking safety concerns through an interactive online map on CrowdSpot's platform.